Thought of the day: July 14th, 2017

Today is my day off. I got to sleep in, finish a blog post that has been waiting for my attention, go into town for an organically made breakfast burrito, have lunch with my friends, and watch a storm come in.

I am still sitting on the couch on our pouch, watching the water fall from the sky. I watched the first lightning strike come into view of this storm. I watched and listen to bright flashes of light followed by the immediate expansion of air that causes the rumble and cracks in the sky.

I am enjoying spending my day off this way; at peace watching and listening to the rain, thinking about what my next move will be in a second, a minute, hours, days, weeks, months, years. I have started the lifestyle I knew that was coming after graduation with my degree. I remember sitting during graduation wondering how I would adapt to this lifestyle. Will I hate it? Will I want to quit? Or will I come to like it? Sitting here today, I realized I love where I am. I wouldn't want to change anything. I have become so excited for what this lifestyle will bring.

This lifestyle is what I needed without even realizing it. I feel it has made me stronger. A year ago, I wouldn't be able to pull off this lifestyle. Today, I am embracing it with everything I have. And I honestly think that the location has a lot to do with it. Being in Colorado for the summer is amazing and all I want to do is stay here and teach ski lessons and patrol here in this state. But I know it will take just a little bit longer to make my move up here, but it will happen soon. Although I am ecstatic that I am able to start working at a ski resort this winter and start putting in my time and hard work. I greatly believe I will end up where I will do best, where I need to be, and I know I will follow my passion.

Someone once told me to find my passion and chase it with everything I have. I know this lifestyle will help me find that passion and let me chase, because I know once I find it, I am not letting it go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Animals of Harmel's

Factory Settings